So one of the things I’m trying to sort out now is what’s next? Sometimes in life that’s not a difficult question. A lot of the time you’re either happy or unhappy and that drives the choice. At this point in life I’m kind of complacent and that’s not a happy feeling for me. I like a forward motion in my life.
Currently I have a contract job till October. That’s good because I have time to search for my next job. I need A job so that’s not really a question. So I’m asking myself do I search exclusively for another contract job or a full-time position that will have benefits and a stable paycheck. There’s part of me that is a realist and says I may not have this luxury. I may need to take what I can get. The nice thing is, knowing when the end is coming I am able to start looking now.
So, I don’t think that really answers the bigger question. What do I want in life. It’s a question that puzzles me in some regards. I am normally trying to advance in some way. At this point I don’t feel that I need to advance. It also feels like there are some smaller more attainable goals that need to put in place. These goals are potentially what is missing from my life. The problem I am now faced with is are these goals what I want? Wait, we’re right back to the question “what do I want in life?”
So that’s where I stand today. I need to start a running list of goals or maybe I should call them desires. Oh lord maybe I just came up with another list that I need to start with first. Then, from that list write a list of goals. What else goes with goals but priorities. So desires, goals and then priorities. Well that sounds like a good place to start.
Oh so my first goal is to write a post every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I’ll try to collect my accomplishments and add them into my post. Some of my updates will get posted on Facebook. So check back and see where I am with my list and goals. Please leave your comments or questions. I want to hear from you. I don’t believe I know everything and I may need help staying focused. So a little helpful advice from time to time is great.
What am I grateful for today?
- I’m grateful for great friends (Scott, Susan and Sarah to name a few) that make me smile at the mere mention of their name.
- I’m grateful to know my friend Kimberly who’s worlds different but could be a better friend.
- I’m grateful for eye sight because there are so many beautiful things to see in the world not the least of which is a blue sky.
- I’m grateful that I get to meet amazing people (Beth) at work and weave them into the fabric of my daily activities.
- I’m grateful for the ability to write this and know that my friends and other will support me.