Today I attended a meeting at there was a guest speaker talking about changing peoples behaviors. There was a lot of things that I saw in the presentation that I thought really applied to my daily life. It’s funny how you can start to pick up things like this when you pay attention or are looking for them in everyday life.
One of the things that was discussed was really looking for an creating opportunities for Unexpected Surprises or delights in life. I don’t know about you but I can tend to focus on the negative a little too much. So if you start to create rewards for your small victories and celebrate then it brings a certain level of positive vibes into your life.
So I talked about being grateful before but he brought up 2 more things that would help in this positive outlook on life. 1) What are you curious about? 2) What surprised you today? WOW that makes total sense because I actually find myself being curious and surprised by things going on around me. Oh he limited his to only 3 since there were these other questions.
I’m grateful for…
- I’m grateful for my coworkers who gave me a ride to out off site meeting today.
- I’m grateful for apps that track buses so I know how long it will be before the next bus.
- I’m grateful for speakers with a relevant and good message at meetings.
I’m curious about …
- I’m curious why sometimes it seems like my battery depletes faster
- I’m curious why people eat vegan stuff…
- I’m curious how or why some people are ambivalent about life
I’m surprised by ….
- I’m surprised that the temperatures are so different between my home and work.
- I’m surprised at how different I can feel after having a single date.
- I’m surprised that I lasted 30 minutes on this new exercise machine at the gym!