So Mardi Gras 2011 has come to an end. What an amazing week of running from one event to the next. I had a great time and it was so good to see old friends. Including the person who started calling me Tuba.
I didn’t see any parades this year but I was in the French Quarter every day. We would stop and see friends and walk around to some of the old haunts like we would when I lived in New Orleans. There are so many great restaurants in the quarter and so many things to see. Then you add Mardi Gras on top of all that, well lets just say you can’t see everything. I didn’t even go down to Burbon Street. I just stayed on the edge of the French Quarter.
A huge thank you to my friend Bob for letting me stay at his house! Thanks to Poncho, Aaron, Lance, Josh, Max, and all the other people I saw there in New Orleans. It was a great vacation and I can’t wait to come back.
I will always love the city and it will always be a great vacation spot. There’s always something to do and there’s always wonderful food. Those are two of the things that always make New Orleans a spectacular vacation spot.
- Happy Mardi Gras! Top 10 Mardi Gras Themed Mugs (zazzle.com)
- Did You Know: It’s Mardi Gras! (ellen.warnerbros.com)
- Toast Mardi Gras with a New Orleans Original (chicagoist.com)
- Headed to New Orleans for Mardi Gras? (passiveaggressivenotes.com)
- History of Mardi Gras: A Holiday before Lent (genzpad.com)