- So I hadn’t posted anything in a while but I thought I should at least put something out here. I just read a posting from another blogger asking “Do you think it’s possible that a gay child doesn’t have to come out of the closet?” My first responses is simply WOW! I think that would be the most wonderful thing to happen. It doesn’t just apply to being gay but think of all the stories that are going around about children being bullied. It’s all about the way people perceive one another. Unfortunately people are passing judgement all the time about people they see. They don’t even know the people but they pass judgement. What does that say about us? Is it an American attitude or is it simply a human behavior.
I can’t imagine it’s a human behavior that’s exist no matter the environment you grow up. We can see that by just examining how people act. For instance I personally grew up in a family where they were all farmers and blue collar workers. My siblings all live close (distance) to my parents and they are all married and are forming families of their own. I on the other hand went to college and and looking for work in a white collar world. I like nice thing, traveling, and new experiences. I can’t say the same for the other members of my family.
A prior partner (the only one actually) once said to me “I don’t understand how you can be so different your family.” That’s a great question. I don’t know how or why but I can tell you that from an early age I promised myself I was going to get out and see the world and do things that other people in my family weren’t doing. I went to college and that was a deviation from what everyone else did with their lives. I moved to a large city which is a large deviation from my family. Being gay/homosexual is only one of many things that are different in my life. Is it the reason for all other deviations? Who’s to say? I just know I’m trying to live a full life. That being said I also try not to judge others. I’m sure friends of mine couple point out fault with that statement but I would like to say that I try to be a better person.
- Behavioral Sciences: What Everybody Knows–Or Do They? (time.com)
- How to handle sibling rivalry (kleenexmums.com.au)
- Why do some people exhibit obsessive compulsive tendencies? (zocdoc.com)
- Human Behavior by Bjork (corrected lyrics by The Bear) (neobiblical.wordpress.com)
- Social Smiles (spectrummymummy.com)
- Why I’m Not Proud of Being Gay (scientificamerican.com)
- Human Brain Evolution: The Oldest Sources of Our Behavior (brain4biz.wordpress.com)
- Who cares? We all should (aol.sportingnews.com)
- Six Warning Signs That Your Child is Being Bullied (education.com)
- Do say gay: LGBT sexuality isn’t the problem – bigotry is | Emily Band (guardian.co.uk)